Document syle Web Service
This example shows how to wirte a document style web service. Please note
that only methods with zero or one parameter can be exposed.
Steps involved in writing this example:
- Write the complex type -
- Write backend java class for the web service -
- Write ant build file to compile and build the service.
- compile HelloWorldService.java to output/WEB-INF/classes
- run autotype to generate the codecs for the non build in types
- run source2wsdd to generate web-services.xml deployment
file and WSL file
- put the DD file in output/WEB-INF/ directory
- run clientgen on the WSDL file to generate the client jar
- jar up output directory as a war file
- compile the client side code
- deploy the applicaiton by copying the war file into the
applications directory of the server
- Follow the instructions here
to build, run and test the service.