Portable client should be used when you need to run Weblogic 8.1 Web
service client on other version of Weblogic server. This example shows
how to wirte a portable client.
Steps involved in writing this example:
- run clientgen ant task on the external WSDL to generate the
client stub. put this client stub jar file in output/WEB-INF/lib
directory. - build.xml
- Write the JSP file -
- run weblogic.webservice.tools.versioning.VersionMaker on the
stub jar file. This will generate new class files that refer to
weblogic81.* packages instead of weblogic.*. Put this classes in
the WEB-INF/classes directory. - build.xml
- copy wsclient.jar available in the bea/weblogic81/server/lib
directory to WEB-INF/lib directory.
- jar up output directory as a war file and copy it to the
application dir to deploy it.
- Follow the instructions here
to build and run the client.